Always On My Own

If you read this on a daily basis I will put you to sleep. Don't do it.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Over Extended

I seriously think I have over extended myself again. As most people know school just started. My 9 year old is a cheerleader for the local sports club. This is great, she loves it, loves being a cheerleader. She is what they call a flyer (the girl at the top of the pyramids).

Yesterday when I picked her up from school I was talking to her former Brownie leader. The girls flew up to be and official Junior Girl Scout starting this year. Of coarse I want her to be involved but the word is out that we are going to be doing a group co-lead. Each parent is going to be taking on one month of meetings. This would include 2 GS meetings with the girls and 2 GS Leader Meetings.

My dad wants her to take guitar lessons after cheerleading is done then Soccer after that. Once soccer wraps up it is summer and summer is packed full of many vacations and lots of fun stuff.

The never ending Cycle! Does it ever end.

I work full time and her dad and I are not together so it is really just me with some added support from my parentals. Today my schedule consisted of being up at 5:45am, out the door at 7:30am, drop the babe off at B&A and be at work by 8:30am out of the office at 4:45pm to pick up the babe from B&A by 5:30pm home to change and get the babe a quick snack and be at cheerleading by 6, we made it home at 8:20pm to get dinner, read and hit the bed by 9:30pm. This is when all my fun starts, you know, dishes laundry and of coarse a little blog time before bed. Uhoh sounds like I am whining, well maybe a little but I do it to myself.

Work is talking about sending me to training for 4 day which means I will be gone for pretty much 6 of those days. Nothing is set in stone yet, most likely it won't happen. I have never been away anywhere alone, could be really exciting. I would had to be away from my child for that long, but she would be in good hands if I did have to go.

Off to bed!

1 Comments:

Blogger LDR said...

Single parenting isn't easy at all. You're doing a great job though -- and making sure that your little one has *every* opportunity she could ever need or want. That means that you are a fantastic and devoted parent. Yay for you!

You totally deserve a 4 day training trip someplace with a hotel that has room service. Run a bath, watch a movie, order in... it's *heaven* - especially when you get to expense every penny of it to the company. So you get to be "trained" (translation - bored out of your skull for four days), it's an even trade off!

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home