Always On My Own

If you read this on a daily basis I will put you to sleep. Don't do it.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

When is Enough Enough

So tell me, What defines a "Good Friend" to you? This question has me very intrigued lately. You see I am very selective with my friends and well I just don't see a reason to keep people in my life that are more of a drain than an asset. Don't get me wrong, everyone has there highs and lows. I know in a friendship it is give and take, but!! what do you do when it is always a give and the other person is draining and taking all you kindness away.

I have noticed lately that my tolerance level is extremely short. I have a friend that has been a friend for a very long time. This friend has been thru a great deal over the last year (in the process of a divorce, money issues, self esteem busters) all and all a complete overhaul of life as my friend has known it for 5 years or so... MF even made a passing comment of self inflicting cuts on MF's arms. (My thought, is this true, or do they just want attention.)

What I am having the most issue with is the fact that MF (My Friend) can seem to get past themselves. MF sends me emails with a description of what is causing the "depression"
My comments in color!
New Job Position.. making the money..
owe apt complex 5k
need to pay my new place 500.
i need to payoff 11 accts that I left alone.. (mostly medical 6 of them are on my credit now)
My phone is going to be shutoff can't afford it..
The last four days I walked. Please note that MF lives right across street from office
I need brakes on the truck REALLY bad.
I have no Medical as of Today! Canceled insurance instead of just taking ex off.
I don't sleep - I am having a hard time believing this MF has been saying this for 5 weeks now
I don't eat (because I can't afford to..) - Just cause you are in debt doesn't mean you don't eat
Parents are helping but they can't. -Parents have big money!

So I dig a little deeper to find out that MF has been paying bills for doctor visits because of an auto accident MF was in, and accident that was someone elses fault. MF gets frustrated with me as I am making suggestions and trying to figure out why MF is in so much debt, (makes good money) I have know for a while that MF is not too smart about how they pay bills, doesn't look to the future at all. Gets a bill and depletes account to pay full balance instead of making smaller payments and stashing emergency funds. So I am trying to explain that if he lets the medical facilities know that he was in an accident and that the case is still pending they essentially can go after him for any money until this is settled. Doesn't everyone know this??

Boiling down my point, MF has been caught in some major lies! At one time in our friendship I could believe anything the MF said, and could trust that nothing said between us would be told.

Needless to say I am having a really difficult time being a compassionate good friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home