Always On My Own

If you read this on a daily basis I will put you to sleep. Don't do it.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Searching for Myself

I am on a mission to figure out exactly who I am. I understand that I am a full time Mom, full time Single Parent, full time Admin, Girl Scout Co-Leader, Assistant Cheer Coach, full time Daughter, full time Maid ( that does windows & laundry). But who exactly am I.

Once upon a time I was satisfied with just being who I am. Now I seem to be searching for more. There have been lots of changes in my life, lots of people depending on me for something.

A good friend of mine continues to say that I don't have time for him anymore. I try hard to make time for my friends and still manage to stay on top of all the other things that I do. This is not an easy task. This particular from is the on that just recently started going thru a divorce. He has really be on again off again in my life for a long time, and I have just taken it for what it was and what he could give me. He was once the best friend I could have ever had, but I have changed and he has as well. I realize that I ask my friends to work around my schedule some as I try to do for them. Being a single mom means that I can't just come home and get on the phone with people and neglect the things as a mom that I need to do. Out and Out, my child comes first!!

Any suggestions how I can make this friend understand that it's not that I love him any less than I did ever before, it is just that I am not always able to give him all the time he seems to want or require of me.

Am I not a good friend anymore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home