Always On My Own

If you read this on a daily basis I will put you to sleep. Don't do it.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

The End Of My Issues

What is it going to take to get to the end of my issues?

Money, love, time,work... everything seems to be a challenge. Don't get me wrong I enjoy a good challenge but this one does not have an end in sight.

I have heard it all, everything from take action and you are the keeper of your own destiny. Are you really?

At work I have to conform to what they think is the correct way of doing things. I work the schedule that has been laid out for me. I do what I am told, a trained chimp!

My love life, well that all bleeds into the time issue, so lets skip ahead...

Time!! I need to go to school... You see I had a lot of fun in high school and goofed off mostly, so when it came down to going to college that was a no go. My folks were not going to pay for me to go to college because I was not going to take it serious. They were right and I did not want to go.

When I was 22 and going no where in life, working at a car dealership in the cashiers booth. I decided that it was my time. Time for me to go to school and take action. I was researching my options and all. About this time I fell into a pretty good job, and my plans for school were delayed. Next I find myself engaged to be married and suddenly pregnant.

I am 32 now and still have not gone to college. I am far to old to do the real college experience now and have way to many responsibilities. I didn't get married, he enjoyed hanging out with the bar stool far more than he did me. I had to do it on my own. I moved out of my parents house got my own place and became the single mom.

Being a single mom limits your time. My main focus in life it to make sure that I raise a well rounded, intelligent, kind human being. To not squash her dreams of becoming the President, a Teacher or a Singer.

That brings us to my time. How can I possible go to college even at night and take that time away from my child and helping her get through school. 3rd grade is much harder now than it was when I was in it. How can't date like a normal single woman? I have every other weekend for me, however it never turns out to be about me. I have soccer, or cheer leading, Girl Scout camp outs to go too.

For a while I thought that if I could just find someone to help. A man to help end all my issues. He could help with the money, time and love factors at least. I quickly learned that I could not count on them. Not even the ones that once put you on a pedal stool and treated you like a goddess.

So here I am still trying to figure out when I am going to come to the end of all my issues.

1 Comments:

Blogger LDR said...

My Dad always said -- You don't have to eat the whole elephant at once --meaning -- take one class, work it into your schedule and finish it. Then take another, and so on... Going to college even when you don't have any "responsibility" is a job. Having a life doesn't make it any easier, but you can do it! I know you can, shit, if you can be a single mom, you can do *ANYTHING*, of this I'm sure. And... when you graduate, can I come throw rice at you?! (May as well be married to your degree!)

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home