Always On My Own

If you read this on a daily basis I will put you to sleep. Don't do it.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Guy From Work

I started hanging out with this guy from work, I know bad idea, we work at the same place, but it was just a friend thing.

This all started some time ago, he asked me over (we don't live far apart) to hang out drink some wine and watch a movie or two. I repeatedly had a reason for not going. This lasted a good year. One night I broke down and went to his house. Believe it or not I had a great time. This man not being my type at all was a lot of fun.

You see I like to be able to pick on people and them not take offense to it. He takes all that I can dish out and dishes it right back. We have had some great conversations and all.

So for about 5 months now we have been doing this every other weekend ritual. (minus the time with the kids during Christmas and stuff) Things have started to develop in a different way. (wink wink) This last long holiday weekend, would have been our normal to hang out. He tells me days ahead that he has his son one night and stuff to do with his parents and 2nd home, otherwise no time for me.

Okay, no big deal right!!

So last Friday on our way home he calls and starts telling me about all that he has to get done before the sale of the other house and that his parents are going to be staying with him for a couple of months until their new home is done being built. (I got the brush off)

The way I see things is... If he wanted to spend time with me, he would make the time to spend with me.

Here I thought I was kinda safe, he is one of the good guys, you know, good job, nice car, loves his child and is involved in his life, great sense of humor, easy to be around, okay looking not exactly my type.

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

Today as normal, I get the instant message, like nothing has changed, talking like normal. What is with the mixed signal?

2 Comments:

Blogger LDR said...

Just goes to prove that MEN are intrinsically different than women. He's acting like nothing's changed because perhaps for him nothing has changed.

Go on with your life Girlfriend! Take a long bath, shave your legs, do your hair, apply makeup, some sweet smelling cologne and a nice outfit and go hit the "scene" in search of new entertainment.

Betcha when you get those flowers at work and they aren't from him... he'll perk right up and start paying attention if he's interested.

Or... you could just set his friggin desk on fire, shred his chair with scissors and pee in his coffee cup...

whichever makes you feel better :)

9:43 PM  
Blogger AlwaysOnMyOwn said...

K,

Thanks for the advise you are right to him nothing has changed.

I will take option 2!!!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home