Always On My Own

If you read this on a daily basis I will put you to sleep. Don't do it.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Starting Over

I have decided that I want to turn back time. This sounds crazy I know, but think about it. The days of having really no resonsibility. Your main job was to go to school, which was a big party for the most part, study (very little), and have fun.

I would like to go back to the first day of high school.

My parents moved between my 8th grade and Freshman year in High School. So I started my Freshman year at a school where I only knew one person (the preachers son) and did not know him that well. All my life I went to school with the same people and this was my fresh start. I thinned out that summer and looked great.

I remember the first day of school, the last day of school and many in between. They were great moments in my life.

Back then I worked part time at Chess King Garage (men's clothing store) and the Roller Skating Rink. My entire world was at the skating rink. Almost all the guys I dated were met at the skating rink. (I know, I am old)

Be prepared this is going to sound corny.

My first real boyfriend, "Scooter" He was in band class with me, however I had not talked to him until he heard me tell a friend that I was working that weekend at the rink. He came up there with his little sister just to try to meet me. We became really good friends that weekend and after a few months started dating. Oh the feeling of kissing while skating (lol). Scooter started working at the rink about that time. Ahhh High School Love! Why did I think it was so difficult?

Scooter and I managed to stay in touch until about 6 years ago. About 6 months ago I started looking for him again. I tried all the different school reunion sites and asked old friends if they knew anything. One day while reading an article in some dumb magazine they were telling readers how to do a search for someone on the internet. So what the heck I give it a try and sure enough I located an email address for him, shoot the email "What were you doing on your 16th birthday" a few days later I got this response "Something sneaky with you" My Scooter. He called me that Saturday we talked for 3 hours. During our conversation I find out that he is just an hour and a half away from me, but moving in 8 days, 6 hours away. He asked me to come down that night and hang out with him, (here is the catch) he didn't get off work until 2 am. My prudish/cautious side of me says don't do it. Yet something inside of me said to (this is really bad) Seize the day. I did it, I drove down at 12:30 am to see him.

Pulling into his driveway my stomach was in complete knots, (I am not 16 anymore) and look quite different. I never thought I could be awkward around this guy, (for gods sake the first time either of us ever had sex was with each other). Kissing him again was really nice!!! The night went well, we fell asleep at 7 am.

I was talking to "Too Tall" (a once mutual friend of Scooters and mine) about my seeing him again. To me my only thought was that he was a person that I really wanted to keep in my life forever in one way, shape or form. For some reason Too Tall seems to think different, but won't explain what he thinks it is about. Do you have a take in on this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home